Sunday, March 8, 2009

Doing our part to stimulate the economy, one donut at a time

My friend Amanda is a passionate lover of Krispy Kreme donuts. I ran into her one day, and she was distraught because she had heard that Krispy Kreme landed on some list of "Companies Most Likely to Fail in 2009." I said what I could to console her; told her that even if they have to close some locations, surely Krispy Kreme as a brand will not disappear -- but words seem hollow at a time like this, they really do. So I decided to shut up and take action. This morning, I loaded the kids in the car -- daylight savings time, so we were all messed up anyway -- and drove straight to Krispy Kreme. We were happy:





And felt good knowing that we were doing our small part to help a donut powerhouse in need.

We're pulling for you, Krispy Kreme. Stay Hot Now, baby!

2 comments:

Mom to 3 C's said...

Mmmmm... looks yummy! Would you believe I've never had a Krispy Kreme? (and neither have the kids!) The closest one is in Newington, kind of a long drive just for a doughnut. Guess we'd better get one before they're gone!

Cathy said...

Gina -- I've got to confess, while I do like Krispy Kreme, I really miss Duncan Donuts. I know, that's blasphemous around here! Krispy Kreme is almost -- dare I say it? -- TOO sweet for me! But give me a Dunkin jelly donut with some coffee and I can get to my happy place in a hurry!

But the hot Kripy Kreme glazed donuts are really great, should you ever find yourself in Newington!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS