Wednesday, October 26, 2011

silhouettes

I am supposed to take some silhouettes for a photography class that I'm taking with Heather. I've always thought that silhouettes were pretty cool and have always wanted to know how to do them. I tried and failed at home a couple of times, and then by dumb luck happened to notice that the sun and topography would be just about perfect for silhouettes at the church where Elizabeth and Caroline take dance. So I hauled the kids out there right before sunset one night to practice.

3kidssiledit-7776

jsiledit-7857

jjump2siledit-7926

jjumpsiledit-7928

jandeballsiledit-7895

ewithballedit2-7858

jmonkeybarssiledit-7916

{yikes, just realized that that last one is way too dark . . . and crooked. May have to try the monkey bars again sometime!}

eswing2siledit-7819

{wish I knew how to get rid of the chain link fence in these swing pictures . . .}

eswingsiledit-7823

3kidssiledit-7777

The kids had a ton of fun doing this. Basically we went to a playground at the top of a hill and I asked them to swing, jump and throw balls high into the air for 45 minutes. As Jacob put it, "Mom, this was actually kind of fun. A LOT more fun than sitting in a collared shirt next to a tree . . . no offense." None taken, buddy. I doubt I'll have many occasions to take silhouettes (just at the beach or those random times I happen to be standing on a ridge at sunset with an open view to the west) but I'm really glad that I've (kinda sorta) figured out how to do them!

1 comment:

Heather said...

These photos are just downright AMAZING!!! You did such a GREAT job!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS