Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's My Blog And I'll Be Boring If I Want To

I know that my readers (thanks Mom & Dad!) might be wondering why I haven't posted in a while. Well, it's because absolutely nothing interesting has been happening around here. I suppose there have been a couple of kitchen disasters that you can read about on my other blog if you like train wrecks. And we did have a leak fixed in our basement (our handyman is named David Beckham -- I guess that is mildly interesting if you lower your standards -- but he does not look like or play soccer like THE Becks)

but he can definitely fix a leaky faucet, or a leaky basement as the case may be, better than the Real Becks.

Did I mention that Elizabeth is taking ballet this year? Here she is, decked out in her purple tutu:
Elizabeth does not have genetics working in her favor in the ballet department, seeing as David is the graceful one in the family and he's had both basketball and dancing-related injuries since we've been married. My parents claim that at my three year old dance recital, they took one look at me in my cute little teddy bear costume and my tutu and said to each other "she'll never be a ballerina." So the odds are stacked against Elizabeth, but let's hope she has fun anyway. She claims to be working on a "two-footed arabesque." Yup, that's my girl.

5 comments:

Lady Baker said...

So, David has had "dancing related injuries"...really? Do tell...My guess is it involved getting his groove on to a Prince song of some sort! :)
Elizabeth looks every part the ballerina--what a cutie!

Guess I better get back to work...later!

Cathy said...

Yes, Lis, it's true -- David was getting his Prince on one night at Bellbottoms, when suddenly and tragically, his "hu" went one way and his "la" went the other. I tell you, the darnedest things become dangerous once you pass age 25.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Your little girl looks adorable in her purple tutu! We didn't complete dance last season (I say we, I mean my 3 year old would rather run around the studio like a wild woman than follow the teacher) but my daughter does want to go again next year. I think she needs a more freestyle dance class. I love the 'about mommy' pages! How sweet, yet completely hilarious at the same time :) I can totally relate to the bench beast. This is such a fun family blog, Cathy! You've inspired me to start one. And you will not believe it but I have that ice cream topping lazy susan in my amazon basket (from Target.com) -- I love special serving dishes as well, ha! You know that you need a rival 'little dipper' for the hot fudge and hot caramel on the side at your ice cream sundae parties, right? :)

Mom to 3 C's said...

How could your blog be boring with a picture as cute as Elizabeth's??? What she may lack in grace, she makes up for in cuteness!
Sorry about your cake making disaster, but that was pretty funny. Happy 10th anniversary!

gina

Carolina Belle said...

I don't know, Cathy - I've seen you shake your money maker to "Dancing Queen" - I think there is hope for Elizabeth yet. Regardless, she'll be the cutest little ballerina on the stage!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS