Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh The Onion, you totally get me

Middle-Aged Woman Angrily Demanding Price Check on Rice Pudding was Once Carefree Youth, Onlookers Speculate

"Onlookers guessed that in those blissful days, before two decades of adulthood stresses had beaten her into submission, she never would have become so emotionally invested in the price of a 4 ounce snack cup, especially if what she was saving amounted to little more than pocket change.

"Whatever did this to her, I suspect happened in the past 10-15 years," said local resident Erica Mayfield, noting the presence of a small child tugging at the woman's arm and pleading for a sleeve of green apple Mentos.

"It really makes you stop and appreciate the precious youth you've been granted," he continued. "Because one day you could wake up and half your life is over and you've become this person who is stirred to passionate argument by rice pudding."

Read the rest here

2 comments:

Mom to 3 C's said...

Hmmm, interesting. But, Stop & Shop did pay ME $1.25 to take 2 boxes of Magnum ice cream bars out of their store today! I'm glad to be in a season of life where I'm no longer afraid to speak up to fix a mistake, but, I am really nice and polite...never be a crabby couponer!

Cathy said...

Gina, yeah, I'm way too non-confrontational to actually confront a cashier (or anyone) like this woman did -- but the fact that little things like that get me all riled up tells me that I'm getting old. :-)

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS