Monday, September 12, 2011

climbing the caterpillar

I took Caroline to the playground on Sunday while the big kids were in Sunday school. I always feel nostalgic at this particular playground because it's in our old neighborhood, where we had our first babies, and it's the first playground we came to regularly once they got to be playground age. I clearly remember when the Big Red Caterpillar was something the big kids climbed on, not my baby Jacob, and now here is my baby-who-is-no-longer-a-baby kicking off her shoes and climbing on it like she's a monkey or a kindergartner or something.



I'm crazy bothered that I cut off the caterpillar's tail -- I walked backwards with my phone to try to get it all in, but didn't want to get too far away from Caroline, and I got back just far enough to get in the whole thing except the tail. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days when I wouldn't even notice those things.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS