Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Twelve Cookies* (*or assorted other treats) of Christmas

I am sure that I will make at least twelve cookies/Christmas treats this year, so I've decided to attempt to blog them. Because I'm so good at keeping up with self-imposed blog challenges. But I figure that if I actually do it, it will help me remember what I baked, what worked and what didn't work, etc. so I can remember all that for next year (because I really have no idea what I baked last year!

So here goes! Day 1: Speculoos by Dorie Greenspan



This is one cookie that I DO remember making for the first time ever last year, and it will forever be one of my favorite Christmas cookies. It's the perfect cookie for people who like a mild spice cookie around Christmas but don't love really spicy gingerbread. The predominate flavor here is cinnamon. This is the traditional Christmas cookie in Belgium, and what can I say? -- those Belgians know what they are talking about. Speculoos pack in a burst of Christmas cheer in every bite!

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS