Monday, December 12, 2011

Twelve Treats of Christmas, Day 2: Santa hat snack mix

I saw this on Pinterest months ago and knew that I had to make it around Christmas.



When I saw those Santa hat bugles, I died. (Now there is another sentence I never thought I'd say). And when I happened upon Caramel Bugles in the store, I knew that it was meant to be. I don't think that David has been as confused by one of my grocery store purchases since the day I came home with Chocolate Lucky Charms (purchased under duress during one of our 27 bathroom runs to Publix during swim lessons).

Anyway, making the Santa hats does require dipping things (here, Bugles) into melted chocolate -- not my favorite activity -- but the end result is worth it. FYI, after trying it both ways, I found that it worked much better to skip the white sprikles and just use white candy coating for the brim of the Santa hat.

The Santa hats are the star of this mix, of course, but you can use pretty much anything you want in it. I used pretzels, rice chex, pecans, and salted peanuts, all drizzled with white chocolate, and then added in red and green m&ms and the Santa hats.

I put the mix into a few large ball jars, but this is going to be gone before I do my food gifting rounds next weekend.




Ho ho ho!!!

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS